- constantly keep track of your time?
- act jealous and possessive?
- accuse you of being unfaithful or flirting?
- discourage your relationships with friends and family?
- prevent or discourage you from working, interacting with friends or attending school?
- constantly criticize or belittle you?
- control all finances and force you to account for what you spend? (Reasonable cooperative budgeting excepted.)
- humiliate you in front of others? (Including "jokes" at your expense.)
- destroy or take your personal property or sentimental items?
- have affairs?
- threaten to hurt you, your children or pets? Threaten to use a weapon?
- push, hit, slap, punch, kick, or bite you or your children?
- force you to have sex against your will, or demand sexual acts you are uncomfortable with?
Thursday, August 12, 2010
Signs of an Abusive Relationship and How to Get Help.
The following warning signs are taken from this website.
Does the person you love...